As a service of Women’s Health Victoria, BreaCan is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality and security of information provided by you to us. In terms of the relevant Privacy legislation, we ensure that your personal information will not be disclosed to others, execpt if required by law or other regulation.
BreaCan only collects ‘personal information’ (which is information which identifies an individual or from which the individual’s identity may be reasonably ascertained) necessary to carry out its activities and services.
Personal information collected may include name, address, telephone, email and fax details, along with details of their cancer experience. For donors it may include financial details.
- We will only collect personal information from you with your prior knowledge and consent.
- Where we collect sensitive health related information, we will only do so with prior consent. Individuals are not obliged to provide this information and it can be withdrawn at anytime.
- We will only use personal information provided by you for the purposes for which it was collected.
- We will not disclose your personal information to a third party.
- You have the right to access any personal information held by us that relates to you.
We use Google Analytics to track visitors to the website. We use this information to monitor the performance of the website and to assist us with identifying potential areas within the website for future development. The types of data we collect about visits include the date and time of the visit, where you have come from, length of visit, pages viewed and the type of internet browser used. These statistics cannot identify individuals.
Individuals wishing to access their personal information or change details can do so by getting in touch with the BreaCan resource centre.
This website contains links to external websites. BreaCan takes no responsibility for the privacy practices or content of the external websites.
If you have any queries about our privacy statement please get in touch.