Why Donate to BreaCan
Over 4,700 women are diagnosed with breast, uterine, ovarian, cervical or other types of gynaecological cancer each year in Victoria. BreaCan provides information and support to these women, their families and friends during treatment and beyond. Support us to support you or the women you know and care about.
Make a Donation
Or, make a monthly commitment:
Why we need donations and where do they go?
BreaCan is a not-for-profit organisation. As a result of better screening and early detection programs we are seeing more women diagnosed with cancer. We want to be able to continue to offer a quality support and information service to all Victorian women, their families and friends and we need your help to do this.
Your donation will help us to continue to provide and expand our key services including:
- Free information sessions on a range of medical and wellness related cancer topics
- An up-to-date library of relevant and accurate resources
- Ongoing training and support of our skilled peer support volunteers
- Regional/rural support and information days across the state
- Our Bridge of Support program, a program of in-hospital support for women who are undergoing treatment or attending an appointment.
BreaCan receives over 3,000 requests for information and support from people affected by breast or a gynaecological cancer each year. Our dedicated staff and peer support volunteers (women with a personal experience of cancer) give women living with cancer a sense of hope. In the words of the women who have used BreaCan,
Being able to discuss difficult issues openly and light-heartedly was a huge relief for me and helped me to feel ‘normal’ again, for the first time, I felt I was no longer alone.
Donations are spent on ensuring every woman diagnosed with breast or a gynaecological cancer has the opportunity to get the support and information they need, when they need it.
Donations are tax deductible and people will get a receipt.